|Awakening II 8" X 8" Fluid Acrylic by April M Rimpo|
My drawing of the pose in this series is quite visible because the pastel-color palette is so pale. As a result I decided not to use any other linework in this painting. Instead I focused on color design to make an interesting abstract that had a consistent whole.
Despite the number of colors in this painting I believe the green underpainting is still dominant, so let's learn some more about the psychology of green. Per the Empower Yourself with Color Psychology site :
- "The color green is the color of balance, harmony and growth"
- "it is the great balancer of the heart and the emotions, creating equilibrium between the head and the heart."
- "green is also the color of growth, the color of spring, of renewal and rebirth."
- "it (green) renews and restores depleted energy. ...restoring us back to a sense of well being."
- "an emotionally positive color, giving us the ability to love and nurture ourselves and others unconditionally."
I love these interpretations and am intrigued by the parallels with the Heart chakra. They give me a whole new meaning to the Sun Salutation and why it ends with this pose.
And thanks again to Leilie Saeta for sponsoring this challenge.